Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stupid Intelligent...

So I may have found my summertime mixtape for 2009. I downloaded the Brothers Backward Stupid Intelligent Mixtape after seeing them perform a few weeks ago in Phoenix and was pleasantly satisfied.


Brothers Backward opened for Astronautalis in Phoenix,  I had never heard of them so really had no idea what to expect. Two guys walked on the stage, and well... they were complete nerds. Not even trendy hipster nerdrap nerds, but IT, programer, LAN party nerds. They ended up putting on an amazing show that gave hip-hop husbands Astronautalis and Bluebird a run for their money. The energy was high, the rapping was impressive, and they were memorable enough for me to check out later.


Now lets talk about this mixtape... first off it's a free internet download, which I am learning to really love. I had a hard time with the no hardcopy thing at first but I'm getting there folks really I am. The intro track Alert the Room, starts high and the energy doesn't stop through the whole mixtape. The entire album blends almost into one track that put simply makes you want to dance. And anyone who samples Seal and Ladyhawke on on album is okay in my book. 


My suggestion is to skip the mainstream club bangers this summer and get your dance on with the Stupid Intelligent mixtape and shit.


 http://brothers-backword.bandcamp.com/album/stupid-intelligent-mix-tape-1-individual-tracks

2 comments:

  1. I completely co-sign on this. I've been dancing around to this all afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY JAMS!! I loved seeing these guys live and I was actually gonna blog about them if no one ended up doing so. SUPER TECHNO NERD HOP FOR THE WIN!

    I loooove to drive to work with this music- gets me pumped up. It's also good for partying, drinking, dancing, curling your hair, or doing shots with your grandma.

    I LOVE the mix of techno-rap-80's-seal-gangsta.

    COME ON!!! A dance version of "gimme dat nut" by Eazy-E???? Classic.

    ReplyDelete