Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Little bit of Soundset....


Soundset weekend was huge and this is not the official re-cap but a little teaser...


I've been a fan of Grieves since I saw him as a scrawny little DJ on the Everybody Loves a Clown tour. Every since then I have made an effort to catch the show whenever he came to town. The biggest development in his music has been the addition of Budo.  Not only dropping an album together but performing as a group Grieves and Budo were an act  I was set on watching perform at Soundset.


I am a fan of a good live show no matter how you spin it.  Sage always kills it with nothing more then a discman. The dynamic of these two is not that of most Rapper and DJ combinations. Grieves has an intense energy about himself on his own; adding Budo to the mix incorporating things like a trumpet and guitar - is nothing short of impressive. I decided to take my chance and ask Budo a few questions, keep in mind kids - first time interview here....




6 comments:

  1. BUDO is sooo talented. I'm so glad that I got to see him perform with Grieves. Good work lady!!

    Haha Grieves and his tight camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha awesome interview!! lovefest with the exclusives :)

    i completely agree that budo is a great addition to grieves' live show. i always have more fun when i can tell the artists are having fun, and budo looks like he's enjoying himself so much when he plays his instruments. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed his set, because I went to see Immortal Technique after HOF, then I stayed to watch P.O.S. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting. looking forward to the full recap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just noticed your necklace!!!!!

    ReplyDelete