Saturday, May 9, 2009

Strange Reads


I always used to LOVE Shel Silverstein's morbid children's stories. Hey, here's a thought: does anyone else think he looks like a creep?












ANYWAYS. I've always wanted to create a children's book, and when Chris and Sean (collectively called "Nag Rapah" like nag champa the incense) began working on a two-day project of sound and rap mash-up, I got inspired! While they toiled away in the studio, arguing about guitar riffs and screaming in the mic, I did a little drawing. You can download the ten-minute project with the art as a package for free at:

www.gahedindie.com (the nag rapah ep)

Here is a sample of the artwork. ENJOY!



I hope you check it out. The short story has a funny ending and I worked real hard on the pictures. I had a great time making it to the strange music they made, and will most likely be taking this children's book thing a step further in the future.


2 comments:

  1. I downloaded this when the email blast first went out (Monday?) Verrry cool. I'd love to see some more mini projects like this from the Gahed camp. Actually Jamee, I'd love to see you do a full length story book. A self published eerie picture book would be excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm really into the idea of doing a dark children's book. wish I could get it published! it's fun to make that stuff.

    ReplyDelete