Saturday, March 7, 2009



After a full length tour that took them across the country Black Clover Records artists Grieves and Soulcrate Music are back on the road this time bringing with Silentarmy and Type.

I caught Type (of The Let Go) on tour with Grieves and Mac Lethal a couple years back (when they stopped in Fargo, ND) and I couldn’t wait to catch him on the road again. Same with Silentarmy whom I saw at the Soundset ’08 pre-party at Minneapolis’ own Dinkytowner. I guarantee both of these acts are going to be a major force in the independent hip-hop world.

It would turn out to be a couple years before I’d get to see Type and close to a year before I’d get the chance to see Silentarmy. Luckily - I killed two birds with one stone on March 3rd in the beautiful state of California.

Selling out the Knitting Factory in Hollywood, 110 of us showed up on a Tuesday night to support Grieves on his first headlining tour.

Unfortunately for this blog I’m terrible at remembering set lists, and I failed to take notes. The PBRs probably didn’t help either . . . .

So instead - I’ll recap in photos


(That way it also spares the definite possibility of me gushing over Soulcrate Music. How could I not though? They are the highest energy performers I've ever seen live. That and they're from South Dakota. We were practically neighbors)

California clearly had love for Grieves. A recent transplant to California it was apparent who the crowd came out to see. Giving 110% to the 110 of us Grieves was on point from beginning to end.



No comments:

Post a Comment