Monday, March 15, 2010

The Short List

I've spent the last week and a half doing what I've been calling Spring Cleaning but has really snowballed into an over haul and deep reflection of my life. Thankfully Georgia and Izzie have provided some excellent distractions that kept me from wanting to curl up inside myself and return to hibernating for another six months. This week on our Thursday phone date Izzie and I got caught up in another round of "have you heard ____ yet?" This kind of game can and did go on for hours. Here's the short list. Minus a certain record Izzie will be talking about shortly...

Let's Be Professional is the latest release by The Tribe & Big Cats! The critic-y thing to do here would be to get all long winded about the growth between Supply and Demand and this... Thankfully for both of us we all know I'm no critic, just a believer. So please, download away and share your thoughts because I've been bumping this one all week. Favorites include I Ride My Dinosaur To Work and We Go Hard featuring Franz Diego.

Seattle favorite alert! Seattle favorite alert! I know, I know its been out since Christmas but I can't come up with enough big sloppy word kisses to rain down on Mashhall's (formerly They Live!) They La Soul mixtape. Large.

Speaking of the hometown, the lady Dice just dropped The Foundation which features Fatal Lucciauno, Sol and others. You can grab both that and her previously released Then & Now off datpiff.

There are no more nice things left to say about Young Black Male that haven't been said countless times by others across the blogosphere already. So I'm just going to stick to my plea that he bring back his The Best Week Ever freestyles. And make sure if you liked the mixtape to make a donation as well.

You either love him or hate him but I definitely have a soft spot for Yelawolf. I know its been out for a minute but Trunk Muzik was an immediate download so I have to mention it.

And TuesdayTuesdayTuesdayyy don't forget Kaiser Von Powderhorn 2 is officially unleashed upon the masses. I promise this one is well worth the wait.

I want to sign off by mentioning that Thee Satisfaction will be setting out on their six city Black Weirdo tour this spring and have set up a Feed The Muse page for those that would like to aid and encourage these ladies on their journey. Also be on the look for them and other Seattle favorites on MTV's $5 Cover coming in June.



A quick P.S. from Georgia :Jem P, formerly of Meandyoucrew, has rapped his way from Chicago to Fargo and back again. Now he has released a new long awated solo album for download, FREE. Don't miss this. Jem P is a crazy talented lyricist and a personal (relatively) hometown favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment